Grade 6-8 Digital Bundle
The Michigan Model for HealthTM (MMH) Grade 6-8 curriculum is recognized by CASEL and aligns with the five core social emotional learning competencies including: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making. In addition, the MMH is an effective and evidence-based Tier 1 health education curriculum that addresses the major youth health risk behaviors identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that contribute to the leading causes of death, disability, and social problems among youth in the U.S.
The Grade 6-8 curriculum covers the following six comprehensive health topics:
- Social & Emotional Health
- Nutrition & Physical Activity
- Tobacco & Vaping
- Alcohol & Other Drugs
- HIV/AIDS & Other STIs (available for Grade 7-8 only and sold separately from Grade 6-8 digital bundle)
The digital curriculum provides teachers with:
- fully scripted and user-friendly lesson plans to help teachers prepare to teach.
- lesson objectives and correlation with National Health Education Standards, CASEL competencies, time and materials chart, preparation tasks, tips, and lesson procedure.
- teacher resources including streaming videos; student worksheets and pre-/post-assessments (Google and PDF); teacher keys, teacher references, family resource sheets, assessment rubrics and/or checklists (PDF and/or MS Word); and online resources.
Product purchasing options:
- Digital includes a 2-year subscription length with unlimited curriculum updates and online access to the five web-based teacher manuals and all online teacher resources for: Grade 6 and Grade 7-8 Social and Emotional Health & Safety, Nutrition & Physical Activity, Tobacco & Vaping, and Alcohol & Other Drugs.
- Support materials for the curriculum are purchased separately within Support Materials Kits or sold individually which includes posters, card sets, etc. to teach with the lessons.