Grade 3 Teacher Manual
The Michigan Model for HealthTM (MMH) Elementary Grade K-6 curriculum is recognized as a CASEL SELect Program that aligns with the five core social emotional learning competencies including: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making. In addition, the MMH is an effective and evidence-based Tier 1 health education curriculum that addresses the major youth health risk behaviors identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that contribute to the leading causes of death, disability, and social problems among youth in the U.S.
The Michigan Model for HealthTM Grade 3 curriculum covers the following five comprehensive health topics with age-appropriate content and lessons emphasizing active student participation, especially in developing and practicing skills and role-playing strategies for using those skills.
- Social & Emotional Health (8 lessons)
- Nutrition & Physical Activity (5 lessons)
- Safety (4 lessons)
- Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drugs (7 lessons)
- Personal Health & Wellness (2 lessons)
The curriculum provides teachers with:
- fully scripted and user-friendly lesson plans to help teachers prepare to teach.
- lesson objectives and correlation with National Health Education Standards, CASEL competencies, time and materials chart, preparation tasks, tips, and lesson procedure.
- teacher resources including streaming videos; student worksheets (Google and PDF); teacher keys, teacher references, family resource sheets (PDF and/or MS Word); and online resources.
Product purchasing options:
- Digital option sold individually or within grade level bundles. Includes a 2-year subscription length with unlimited curriculum updates and access to a web-based teacher manual and all online teacher resources.
- Print option sold individually and provides a teacher manual in a three-ring binder with teacher resource flash drive
- Support materials for the curriculum are purchased separately within a Grade 3 Support Materials Kit or sold individually which includes posters, card sets, books, small models, etc.